Off-Page SEO Is As Important As On Page SEO For Better Branding
If you want to make your brand popular then there are lots of things that you should do and it certainly does not start and end with creating the best website. You will also need to ensure that you gain a high rank in search engines so that you are easily found. For this, you will have to focus on SEO, both off the page and on the page.
Most businesses focus mainly on on-page SEO and overlook off-page SEO which is ideally a wrong business strategy. If you hire a competent and reliable digital marketing firm for your business you will see that they will emphasize on off-page SEO.
Off-page SEO actually refers to those techniques and practices that go beyond your website. Most of the people, however, relate off-page SEO with link building only but in fact, it is much more than that. There are different tips and techniques related to this.
About the links
Yes, it is true that off-page SEO primary deals with building links which is also the most important and most challenging part of an SEO strategy. Therefore there are a few things you should know and follow when you build links.
- First, make sure that you build high-quality backlinks only. This is because, without any high-quality backlinks, your site will not rank high in the search engines and will not be as competitive as it should be when it comes to high traffic keywords.
- Second, make sure that your site has the most valuable and relevant backlinks as well. This will ultimately help your site to rank high over the rest.
However, easier said than done, getting those high-quality backlinks to need to follow specific tactics. Such as:
Broken link building tactic – This is about identifying the broken links on your website from your business niche perspective. The primary objective of it is to replace the broken link with a more active one that will point towards and relevant to your content. This technique actually creates a noteworthy opportunity for SEO link building. Moreover, nobody wants to have any broken links on their websites.
- If you have a topically related site and find any broken links on it you must immediately get in touch with the website owner to inform about it. In doing so, you will actually do the owner a favor.
- After that, request kindly for a replacement with a relevant link to your resource. However, it is primarily important to make sure that the replacement or your article is highly informative and useful for the audience.
You may even automate the process of finding any broken links in your site. All you need is a free tool such as Check My Links for this which is simply a Google Chrome extension.
- First, you have to install this extension in your Google Chrome browser. Once it is done, it will appear as a small checkmark icon by the side of the address bar.
- Click on it and it will start scanning all the links immediately of any given web page.
If there is any error or if any link is broken or dead, it will be highlighted in red an error 404 will be shown just beside the text.
The skyscraper technique
This is a very popular technique which is very effective to improve search rankings. It will also help you to boost the applicability of your site. This process actually involves three basic steps such as:
- Finding a linkable asset that can be used over and over again and which is both awesome. Authentic and informative
- Improving the existing content by making it longer and adding more relevant keywords in it and
- Finally, reaching out to the right people who work in your niche and have sites that are similar to yours.
This will help you to link the pages in a far better way that will eventually result in better ranking and higher traffic.
This is another useful technique followed for off-page SEO. This is much similar to the method that uses infographics but instead of an infographic published and begging the audiences to share it, in here you actually push them to release it on their respective sites. In exchange, they get unique content. The steps to follow in this process include:
- Posting an infographic on your site
- Finding sites that write about your topic of infographic’s topic
- Showing them your infographic
- Offering them unique content and in return
- Getting your contextual backlinks.
You can also follow the technique of using guest posts on relevant blogs which will provide you with a lot of benefits such as:
- You will get useful backlinks from authority sites
- People will consider you to be an expert
- You will also get lots of targeted referral traffic to your site.
You can find a lot of such blogs to guest post when you use Google search strings such as:
- Write to us “your topic” and
- Your keyword + “guest post by.”
In addition to that, you can use Twitter and Google or even Google reverse image search to find more blog posts on the net.
To sum up
In order to ensure better branding and off-page SEO, you will need to research a lot on your target bloggers. This will help you to identify the winners and the losers as well as choose the one to get cozy with and engage them on Twitter, Facebook or through emails.
You will also need to find a great and relevant topic to write about as a guest post. For this, you will first need to know what you are dealing with. For example, for a vegan blog site, a meat-related post is likely to get rejected.
Also, make sure that you have a great pitch ready. This will help you to pursue the bloggers so that they allow you to write for them for the guest post. And finally, make sure that you follow up any comments for your post comprehensively and promptly for better results in ranking.