Sony RX0 sensor review: Tiny and clever
Sony announced the RX0 in August 2017, and although many people assume it’s an action camera, it’s a bit more than that. It may have the rugged body that we expect from an action cam such as those in the GoPro Hero Black range, but inside is a 21Mp (15.3Mp effective) 1″-type sensor. Furthermore, Sony has used its stacked CMOS sensor design to help maximize the pixel size and boost the light-gathering potential for better image quality.
On the front of the RX0 is a ZEISS Tessar T* 24mm (equivalent) f/4 lens, and on the back there’s a 1.5″ (3.8cm) Clear Photo TFT LCD with 230,400 dots.
Still images can be shot in RAW or JPEG format, and Full HD video can be …
- Unique performance and compactness for extraordinary applications
- 1″ (1.0-Type) stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor with DRAM Chip
- 24mm1 F4 ZEISS Tessar T* lens delivers high-resolution images
- Matchbox sized durable duralumin, water2/shock3/crush4 proof body
- Wireless or Wired multi camera control for multi-view applications
With boundless capability contained within a strong, waterproof, miniature body, the RX0 combines cutting-edge imaging performance and rugged, ready-for-anything design for more versatile operation all around, whether on its own or with multi-camera systems and accessories. Shoot freely. View the results as you like. With so much creative shooting freedom at your fingertips, your power to bring your visions to life is limitless.
List Price: $ 698.00
Price: $ 698.00