Hoverboards are the mini segways or the hand free motorized scooters that are trending among the millennials generations. The auspicious gadget provides a cool way to move from one place to another. In comparison to their orthodox lineages like skateboards, roller skaters, and other wheeled gadgets they are much easier to ride. Although it’s electronic and some of them are self-balanced still you need to acquire certain skills to ride a hoverboard. You have to learn how to ride the best hoverboards for adults for your safety and the safety of people around you. Also if you haven’t used any wheel gadget before then handling a hoverboard may seem difficult to your the start.
The basic principle of riding hoverboards
Like their orthodox counterparts, hoverboards operate on the same principle of balancing your weight with your feet and controlling the balance board. If you want to move in a specific direction then all you have to do is to tilt your feet toward it and your motorized skateboard will automatically move toward the direction. Thus, hoverboard movements can be intuitively and expertly controlled by the mere use of your feet.
How does a hoverboard work?
Hoverboards have different parts that contribute to its working. These include a battery, two gyroscopes, pressure pads, steel frame, two infrared sensors, a power switch, a control board, central pivot.
Both wheels are specifically tilted and have their gyroscopes and sensors installed. Whenever you have to take a turn or move forward all you have to do is adjust your feet and the sensors will send signals to the logic board accordingly thus, the board will be moved as per your instructions. And when you want to stop all you have to do is stop the feet movement and the logic board will instruct the board to stop.
Do all hoverboards require the same efforts for riding?
There are a number of hoverboard options that are available in the market. That may sound a bit ambiguous that not all of them work the same way. Well, the basic principle remains the same, that is to balance your feet and move them in the direction of your destination. What actually differs is the balancing efforts.
For one wheel hoverboard, you have to balance on your own and be extra cautious, during your learning time, not to topple over.
Two wheels are self-balanced. You just have to master your feet movement to have a comfortable ride.
Also, there are four wheels options available in the market. They are the most stable ones so far. Owing to the stability of the four-wheel hoverboard they are the easiest to ride and most advanced.
Step by step Guide to ride a hoverboard
- The initial step is obviously mounting. First, of all place one foot on the hoverboard. You can grab something for support if you feel the board wriggling. Then place the other foot. Make sure to balance your weight and booth foot holds equal weight. Then leave the support and start the hoverboard.
- Move your ankles and your heels backward to move forward and backward respectively.
- For turning you can use two techniques. First is to put the toe opposite to the direction you want to move down and the other is to simply move in the direction you want to head. This will place the pressure on accurate places.
- For spinning, you have to push the heels and toes in the opposite direction. To spin left move your right toe and left ankle while to spin right move your left toe and right ankle down.
- While riding you may feel your board wobbling, it may be because of rising speed in this situation make sure your feet are rightly balanced then lean back to stabilize the speed.
- You have to practice in all types of terrain like concrete, carpet, hills, etc for effective riding.
- If you face some sort of curbs then you have to face forward or tilt in one side to give a180 degree rotation.
Well, now you know that riding this mini segways is not that much difficult. All you need is a fair amount of practice. But, while riding even if you are good at it never overlook the safety factor. These devices can run-up to the speed of up to 10 miles per hour, in case you feel over or any other mishap happens then you might get severely injured. So, you have to provision yourself properly to terminate any chances of injury. A safety gear, helmet, knee pads, wrist guards, elbow pads, and tailbone protectors are some recommended safety items.