With each passing day, there’s a steady rise in awareness of how devastating the effects of global warming truly are. If you’re still in denial, just take a good look at all the natural disasters that have been going on in the last couple of years. This is why more and more people are starting to lead greener lives as it not only helps lower the emissions of harmful carbon gases, but it also helps reduce the monthly bill as well. It’s no surprise then that there’s a whole bunch of interesting eco-friendly gadgets on the market at the moment, with new ones being developed as we speak. Here’s a list of just a few.
LED light bulbs are known for having a much longer lifespan than your ordinary light bulb. Moreover, they’re extremely efficient at conserving energy whereas the incandescent light bulb uses a staggering 90% just to heat itself and only the remaining 10% is used for lighting. Easybulb Plus has a lifespan of 25 years and has an integrated voice control system as well as the ability to change the color of its light to your desire. In addition, you can even sync it with your smartphone’s alarm system so both can turn on simultaneously.
Mistbox Air Conditioner
Another must-have energy reducing gadget, the Mistbox air conditioner is incredibly efficient. By attaching it to your standard home air conditioner, Mistbox cools the air inside it by spraying fine mists of water, thus significantly reducing the energy needed to cool your house. What’s more, it’s powered by salvaging the exhaust air coming from your air conditioner’s condenser, meaning it doesn’t consume energy on its own. The more energy it can save, the better it is for the environment.
Rachio Smart Wi-Fi Sprinkler System
Conserving energy is not the only eco-friendly thing you can do for your house, as water is yet another resource worth saving. Enter the Rachio Smart Wi-Fi Sprinkler System. By tapping into your internet connection, it checks all of the future weather patterns in order to analyze when the best time is to water the ground. By doing this, it saves up to a third more than your average sprinkler system.
A Home Automation System
With a home automation system, you have full control of your indoor energy consumption rates. You can even check these rates with the energy metering system it comes with, so you know exactly how much you’ve saved each month. Furthermore, you get to control your air-conditioning, your lighting, and even your whole entertainment system. The most important thing is, that it keeps your house safe from intruders at all times. In addition, it’s easy to install, just make sure you find certified C-Bus installers to get the job done properly and get a warranty in the process.
Drumi Foot Powered Washing Machines
This gadget is ideal when you want to wash just a few articles of clothing instead of waiting for a larger load. Being exclusively foot-powered means that apart from reducing your electricity bill, it’ll also give you a nice home workout. By having a Texas electricity provider that offers renewable energy plans, you are helping both your power bill and the environment! Who said watching out for the environment wasn’t healthy for you? Additionally, it takes around five minutes to wash your clothes and it requires less water and detergent than your standard washing machine. Not to mention that it’s really compact meaning you can place it just about anywhere around the house.
Goal Zero Venture 30 Solar Recharging Kit
So far we’ve talked about electrical energy, wind energy and even ‘foot energy’, so why not add some solar energy into the mix? That’s right, the Goal Zero Venture 30 Solar Recharging Kit uses solar power to charge your devices and can be used even when it’s raining. It’s completely waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about it getting wet. Being portable, you can carry it around with you wherever you go. Don’t let your phone’s battery run out on you and stay connected with this neat gadget.
iBamboo iPhone Speaker
Speaking of phones, this little gadget is as green as it gets. It’s seriously brilliant as it uses an actual piece of bamboo to enhance your iPhone’s speakers. It’s literally the perfect green gadget as it is entirely made of organic material, thus making it 100% recyclable. What’s more, it’s precision-cut by machines and hand-polished to resonate the highest quality sound possible. Place your iPhone in the middle and enjoy your favorite tune with your friends and family and show them just how cool and green you really are.
To sum up, with amazing gadgets like these, there are can be no more excuses for not going green already. Make your house look hip by making it more eco-friendly and see yourself saving more money in the process.