DJI VR Goggles Review
DJI VR Goggles
Natively compatible with flagship DJI products, DJI Goggles feature two 1920×1080 displaysand an OcuSync wireless transmission system that provide amazing FPV flight experiences. Thanks to their optimized touchpad and Head Tracking, control is amazingly easy and intuitive.In addition, users can view panoramas, listen to audio files, and watch video files in various formats.
DJI Goggles are able to offer both 720p/60fps and close range 1080p/30fps viewing. with an extremely low latency of just 110ms. Through DJI’s OcuSync wireless transmission system, up to four devices can be connected to the Mavic Pro simultaneously. Antennas built into the headband ensure 360degree of coverage, offering a reliable connection even if the aircraft is flying behind you. Share the fun of immersive flying with friends by giving them a bird’s eye view of the world as you pilot their experience.
Typical “2K” screens inside the goggles are split into two 1280×1440 sections, one for each eye. When viewing a 16:9 image, some sections are further cut off, leaving only a quarter of the available pixels. DJI Goggles have two 1920×1080 screens providing more than twice the amount of pixels of a typical 2K single screen. Each screen packs its pixels together tightly so you see a clean, cohesive image with no latticing.
DJI Goggles use a beam splitter to display an image in front of each eye, as well as polarization to prevent any image overlap. This allows it to create genuineFull HD 1920×1080 resolution per eye. When used with the large aperture aspheric lens, an 85degree field of view per eye is created for maximum immersion.
Your head movements control both aircraft yaw and camera tilt in Head Tracking Flight mode as with remote controller sticks. All you need to do is turn left or right to yaw left or right, and straighten your head to stop turning. In Head Tracking Gimbal mode only the gimbal will move without affecting yaw.
Note: DJI Goggles are compatible with the Mavic series, Spark, Phantom 4 series, and Inspire series. Certain future DJI products will be fully or partially compatible with DJI Goggles.
- Maximum immersion with dual 5 inch 1920 x 1080 full HD screens and an 85-degree field of view for each eyeMaximum immersion with dual 5 inch 1920 x 1080 full HD screens and an 85-degree field of view for each eye
- Low latency of 110ms for viewing 720P 60fps / 1080P 30fps videos, reliable 360-degree signal coverage.
- Up to 6h operation time provided by the built-in 9440mAh high-capacity lithium-ion battery.
- Head Tracking: the movement of your head controls both the aircraft yaw and camera tilt like the transmitter sticks
- Screen Size: 2x 5-inch
- Screen Resolution: 3840×1080 (Single Screen: 1920×1080)
- Operating Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Live View Modes: 1080p 30fps, 720p 60fps, 720p 30fps
- FOV: 85 degree(single screen)
- Interpupillary Distance Range: 58-70 mm
- Refresh rate: 60Hz
- Battery: 9440mAh 35.44Wh
- Operating Time: up to 6hours
- Sensors: Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor
- Main Product Dimensions: 195x155x110 mm (L x W x D)
- Main Product Weight: 995g