Minecraft Java Edition snapshot
Changes in Version 18W16A
- New custom world type: Buffet
- Coral fans now generate naturally
- Drowned can sometimes be found inside ruins
- Turtle helmet will no longer give you particle effects
- Turtle helmet will no longer make you absolutely completely 100% invulnerable
- Blue ice is now ever-so-slightly less slippery than before. Still pretty slippery!
- When water spreads and would later turn into a source block, it now immediately just places a source block
- We changed how we calculate the temperature of ocean biomes, which should result in nicer transitions between oceans
- Mining coral blocks now requires silk touch
- Changed particle effect from the Conduit
- Optimized spawn position finding code
- Technical: there’s now a distinction between scheduled “liquid ticks” and “block ticks”
- Technical: there’s new block & item tags for coral
- Lots of bug fixes!
All you can pick!
- As a popular request, we readded a way to play with single biome worlds
- You can check it out when creating a new world by selecting Buffet World as a world type
- As a side bonus, we also threw in another way to generate chunks in there
- Keep an eye on this screen, there might be more things on their way!
- (it’s pretty crazy)
Read more BugFixes on Minecraft.net