The iOS Files app allows you to manage and access files from various cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive. This integration provides you with a convenient way to manage your files across different platforms and devices. In this article, we’ll show you how to use the iOS Files app with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
Step 1: Install the Cloud Storage Apps Before you can use the iOS Files app with cloud storage services, you’ll need to have the corresponding apps installed on your iOS device. To do this, simply go to the App Store, search for the app you want to use (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive), and then download and install the app.
Step 2: Connect the Cloud Storage Services to the Files App Once you have the cloud storage apps installed on your iOS device, you can connect them to the Files app. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Files app on your iOS device.
- Tap on “Edit” in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “Add” in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the cloud storage service you want to add (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive).
- Sign in to your account.
- Allow the Files app to access the cloud storage service.
Step 3: Use the iOS Files App with the Cloud Storage Services After connecting your cloud storage services to the iOS Files app, you can start using it to manage and access your files. Here are some things you can do:
- View and open files: You can view and open files stored in your cloud storage services directly from the iOS Files app. Simply navigate to the service you want to access, and then browse through your files.
- Move and copy files: You can also move and copy files between different cloud storage services. To do this, simply select the file you want to move or copy, and then drag it to the destination folder in the Files app.
- Save files to the cloud: You can also save files from other apps directly to your cloud storage services using the iOS Files app. To do this, simply open the app that contains the file you want to save, and then tap on the “Share” button. From there, select “Save to Files” and then choose the destination cloud storage service.
Conclusion The iOS Files app provides a convenient way to manage and access files stored in cloud storage services such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily connect these services to the iOS Files app and start managing your files from one central location.