7 Home Improvement Apps You Should Download Today
Image from Pixabay
Are you in need of some inspiration for your next home improvement and upgrading project? Or perhaps you are looking for a guide or a tool that can help you with your renovation plans for your home? Look no further!
With the advent of technology and internet, you will have all the most accessible help and resources for all your DIY and professional contractors. If you have a smart phone or a tablet, you will surely find an app that would definitely help you the most.
Nowadays, there is an app for almost everything! Luckily, you can also find home improvement apps. Whether you are looking for project calculators, guides, paint matching or just a gallery of interior design inspirations and ideas, you will definitely find something that will make your renovation project run smoothly.
What can you use an app for?
A lot of people make use of their smart phones beyond the purpose of communication. Smart phones can now be used in finding inspiring ideas for remodelling or renovation projects like:
- For accurate measurement
- Tile calculation
- Match the right paint colour
- Locate the best interior designer to help you style your home
- Rearrange your furniture smartly
Basically, these apps are available separately for an Android and iOS device (iPad and iPhone). There are some cases which an app can be made for both iOS and Android. These apps are also recommended by some of the best home improvement blogs online and painters in Sydney. There are plenty of apps in the market that you will all love, and we think these will be useful for you:
- Apps for accurate measurement and calculations
- Handyman Calculator for Android is a free mobile app which allows free conversion for calculations which include density, fraction, arc length and exotic calculations.
- iHandy Carpenter is available for Android and iPhone users. This app will provide measuring tools like surface level, ruler, bubble level, protractor and plump bob.
- iFixIt is an app which provides tutorials on how to tear down, analyse, and repair your own appliances and household furniture. With their online store, you can purchase replacement parts.
Image from Pixabay
- Apps for inspiration
If you are looking for apps that will give you the most viable ideas for home renovation, you can definitely make use of your mobile phone. When you are in a keen reconnaissance mode, you can use apps to give you the most visited stores and showrooms for furniture, design plans, and more:
- HomeZasa is an app which can be used for managing your home’s improvement and maintenance allowing you to control your project towards completion. You can make use of this app for documentation, organizing and planning as well as execution of the plans.
- Pinterest is an awesome app. You can exchange ideas in creating pinners with create a private board which you can share with your friends. You can pin ideas and organize each one.
- Houzz is a mobile app that is a fountain of inspiration with professional quality images related to home renovations and improvements.
Image from Pixabay
- Apps which can be used for designing and planning home space
These apps can help you figure out how to plan out and decorate the space. This can give you visual information on how the space would look like for a specific arrangement:
- Home Design 3D is available for both iOS and Android. This will help you completely imagine and redesign your house in 3D. This will require a premium account.
- Magic Plan allows you to create an indoor map. This is a perfect app for generating visual data for your indoor space from all corners of your floor plan.
- Adornably is meant for iOS exclusively. This app allows you to visualize the space of your home much like a virtual 3D view. You can move the furniture around in a photo for your room and see what it looks like before you make a purchase.
- Project Color and Tap Painter are the apps which you can use for finding matching colours for your paint. You can appreciate various colours and saturation which you can choose from for your own painting job. Tap Painter is for iOS only. However, Project Color is available for Android and iOS phones.
Well, there are a lot of things that you can do when you do home improvement projects. These apps can definitely help you with all your DIY endeavours.
If there are any apps that you use for your home renovation, please let us know. We would love to share it to our readers!