5 Best Dash Cameras to Buy in 2018
Dash cameras are amazing and although they were originally created for use by police officers, they have been judiciously applied for civilian use as well; for recording various forms of footage and serving as awesome providers of evidence. Think of them as spy cameras for your car.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the most in demand dash cams out there:
OLD SHARK 1080P DASH CAM
If what you need is a budget-friendly dash cam that still has premium features, then the Old Shark will definitely do more than fine for you.
Read Also Yellow light drama caught on camera
Take a look at its features:
- Video resolution: 1080p high quality HD video recording at 30 fps
- Loop recording: Available and functional, meaning the oldest footage is recorded over when the memory space gets exhausted
- Memory details: microSD card available, with support for up to 32 GB of memory.
- Automatic recording: As soon as the engine of your car starts, the Old Shark is ready to record.
KDLNKS DX2 FULL HD DASH CAM
The KDLinks DX2 provides power and functionality in a portable package. Take a look:
- Screen size: 3 inches
- Video resolution: 1080p high definition video capabilities, recording at 30 fps
- Night vision: The camera also has a night vision feature with the use of f.16 glass lenses
- Memory details: The camera comes with a 16 GB microSD card. However, it can support up to 32 GB of memory, so you don’t have any issues with memory expansion
- Emergency lock button: In case of an accident, an emergency lock button can be activated and you can rest assured that your footage will be protected and won’t be overwritten.
- Auto-detection feature: An accident auto-detection feature also kicks in when any collision is detected.
- Warranty: Valid for 1 year
REXING WIDE ANGLE DASHBOARD CAMERA
You get a lot of budget cams today, but a lot of them aren’t really worth the money. Well, this one is an exception to that rule.
- Video resolution: 1080p HD video, recording at 30 fps
- Wide angle lens: It also packs a wide-angle 10 degree lens to capture basically every detail
- Collision detection: It is capable of detecting collision and once it does, it saves videos automatically so you don’t lose them inn case of an accident
- Memory details: It has a memory card slot that supports microSD cards of up to 128 GB of memory
- Loop recording: You can chose to record videos in loops of 3, 5 or 10 minute video files. Your choice.
The Z-Edge Z3 is effective and rugged; two of the most important qualities any dash cam should have.
- Video resolution: Super HD 2560 x 1080
- Wide angle lens: Its 170 degree lens are capable of capturing even more detail
- Sensor: A G-sensor is also present to ensure automatic and effective crash detection
- Memory details: It comes with a 32 GB microSD card slot
When a dash cam is able to get a clear view of an accident before or behind you, it is capable of saving you a lot of stress.
Thankfully, you’ve got the Pruveeo MX2 for that.
- Video resolution: This is both a front and a back camera. One records at 720p while the other records at 420p.You get crisp resolution, no matter what cam you use
- Wide angle: Each camera is capable of rotating 320 degrees, with a 120 degree perspective.
- Automatic recording: Recording begins when you turn the engine on.
- Memory details: The video is recorded to a microSD card slot which is capable of supporting up to 32 GB of memory.
Junaid Ali Qureshi
is a digital marketing specialist who has helped several businesses gain traffic, outperform competition and generate profitable leads. His current ventures include Elephantation, eLabelz, Smart Leads.ae, Progos Tech and eCig.