Panasonic Lumix GX85 / GX80 mirrorless camera unveiled
Panasonic has officially unveiled the Lumix GX85 mirrorless camera, which will be sold as Lumix GX80 in markets outside North America. The rumor mill has recently leaked information about a Panasonic GX85 camera, hinting that the product is a stripped-down …
Read more on camyx.com
- New 5-axis in-body sensor stabilizer works with LUMIX 2-axis optically stabilized lenses in video and still capture modes using class-leading Dual Image Stabilization.
- Eliminates the need for low-pass sensor filters while boosting fine detail resolving power by nearly 10% over existing 16-Megapixel MFT sensors.
- Shoot lighter and faster with the modern hybrid photography performance of a Mirrorless camera and nearly half the bulk of most DSLRs.
- Thumbwheel controls, integrated viewfinder and touch control enabled tilting LCD maximize control of the photographic experience.
- Capture spontaneous moments with 4K imaging performance in both 4K video and exclusive 4K PHOTO and Post Focus.
For today's interchangeable lens camera enthusiasts — or anyone looking for a lighter, newer more intelligent alternative to bulky DSLRs — Panasonic LUMIX Mirrorless Micro Four Thirds system cameras deliver impressive, no-compromise performance. Nearly half the size of most DSLRs, the DMC-GX85 delivers impressive large sensor performance in the most compact camera system ever designed by Panasonic LUMIX. Thanks to the elimination of the low pass filter, its fine detail resolving power is boo
List Price: $ 799.99
Price: $ 697.99
Panasonic issues firmware update to reduce noise of I.S. in G85 and GX85
Panasonic released minor firmware updates for its Lumix G85 and GX85 mirrorless cameras (also known as the G80/81 and GX80, respectively, in other markets). The new firmware — version 1.2 on both cameras — promises quieter image stabilization in both …
Read more on Digital Trends
Subal Announces Housing for Panasonic Lumix GX85
Subal has unveiled their new housing for the Panasonic Lumix GX85 (confusingly also known as the GX80 in Europe and GX7 Mark II in Japan). The mid-range Micro Four Thirds mirrorless sports a 16-megapixel sensor and shoots 4K/30p video at 100Mbps.
Read more on Dive Photo Guide